To change the window title, you may use

 fig.canvas.set_window_title("My Title")

But I couldn't find any public method to obtain the current window title.

If you just want to have a title associated with a figure, I guess you
can simply define your title attribute. For example,

 fig.my_figure_title = "My Title"

Then when you want to save the figure later,

 fig.savefig(fig.my_figure_title + ".png")

IHTH,

-JJ