De Pauw Antoine wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I used your example with the missing .ax to modify these font sizes and it
> works nicely
>
> Anyway, by investigation, I found that there is no way of interpolation
> using scattered data
>
> I tried to figure out how to grid my values and use imshow or pcolor, but
> with no success yet..
>
> Could you explain me how I could do to grid, for example, that data:
>
> Lat[] (double array containing latitudes)
> Lon[] (double array containing longitudes)
> Val[] (double array containing values)
>
> Each of the arrays having the same size, and Val[1] has latitude Lat[1] and
> longitude Lon[1], and so on, and the coordinates are completely unordered
>
> When I try to use griddata and use imshow or pcolor with the output array,
> my figure is blank
>
> A simple example or guideline would do, I guess, as I've already gained a
> good knowledge of the language
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> PS: Here's the code snippet:
> http://snipplr.com/view/8307/map-plotting-python-code-temporary/
>

> Antoine De Pauw
> Collaborateur de recherches, Informatique - Research collaborator, IT
> Laboratoire de chimie quantique et photophysique - Quantum chemistry and
> photophysics laboratory
> Université Libre de Bruxelles - ULB

Antoine:  Griddata should work fine.  Your code snippet does not try to
use griddata, so I can't guess what is wrong.  Let me suggest again  -
please post complete, self-contained examples that demonstrate your
problem.

Did you look at the griddata_demo.py example?

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449