From: Jeff Whitaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 25 September, 2008 15:34
To: De Pauw Antoine
Cc: 'Matplotlib Users'
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] Information request

De Pauw Antoine wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the tip, it's now working perfectly
>
> However, there's still that border with the imshow plot, and I think it
> would be good to have it transparent
>
> There's a zoomed picture I made:
> http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5833/imshowborderxz9.png
>
> You see the shadow around the data...
>
> It would be nice for next releases of Matplotlib to get rid of that, but
I'm
> not able to patch it myself or so... I know there's still a lot of work
with
> the lib but keep the good work, it is really fantastic
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Antoine De Pauw
> Collaborateur de recherches, Informatique - Research collaborator, IT
> Laboratoire de chimie quantique et photophysique - Quantum chemistry and
> photophysics laboratory
> Université Libre de Bruxelles - ULB

Antoine: I thought we agreed that it's not an imshow bug - but rather
due to the griddata gridding procedure returning missing values outside
the convex hull of the input data. Do you disagree? I see no such border
around an imshow plot that contains no missing values. If you shrink the
size of the map plotting region so it's fully within the convex hull of
the data, the border disappears.

-Jeff

plt.scatter(x,y,s=25,c=Val,marker='s',edgecolor="None",cmap=plt.cm.winter,vm

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449