Hi all,

I'm trying to plot a colour bar for a scatter plot, and set the
maximum value of the plot to something arbitrary. At the moment it
always comes up as 255. How can I change this?

ax = plt.gca()
pts = ax.scatter(coords[:,0], coords[:,1], c=np.linspace(0,1,n_pts), s=16,
                         edgecolors='k', linewidth=1)

Also, there seem to be many different ways to make colorbars associate
with certain objects like the colorbar keyword to scatter perhaps, but
the simplest/only way to create a colorbar that I can get to work is:

ax.figure.colorbar(ax.images[0])

Is there a better way to do this so the vmin and vmax attributes of
the scatter plot get used in the colorbar?

Thanks,

Angus.
--
AJC McMorland