Erik Tollerud wrote:
> I've been grappling with an annoying bug for a while now - attached
> are two examples of an empty set of log-log axes with an xlabel.  one
> has figsize(10,5) and the other is figsize(10,6) .  As is apparent
> from the images, the (10,5) figure has the xlabel cut off because the
> log axes are too big.  If I don't use a log axis, everything is fine,
> but the added size of the superscript in the axis pushes the label off
> the edge of the figure.  I've been working around this by changing the
> size of the figure (as shown in the (10,6) figure , but sometimes I
> have strict limits on the size I need for my figures.  Is there an
> obvious work-around to fix this, or does some of the labelling code
> need to be changed?  Note that this problem is much exacerbated if I
> use larger font sizes or smaller figures...

Erik,

Instead of changing the figure size, you can use the pyplot
subplots_adjust() function or the Figure.subplots_adjust() method to
change the axes size and positioning within the figure.

Another approach is to use the subplotpars kwarg to adjust the
positioning parameters when initializing the figure.

Eric