Mauro Cavalcanti wrote:
> Dear ALL,
>
> Another (this time possibly quite silly) question: how can I make a
> Basemap cover entirely the display area of the GUI backend (ie.,
> without the top, bottom, left, right spaces)?
>
> I tried something like:
>
> self.figure = Figure()
> self.figure.subplots_adjust(left=-0.01, bottom=-0.750, right=1.0, top=1.55)
>
> but could not control the bottom (or top) margins.
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints.
>
> Best regards,

Mauro:  You'll have to create a figure with the same aspect ratio as the
map, and then add an axes to the figure that fills the entire figure
(i.e. fig.add_axes([0,0,1,1]).   The `aspect` Basemap instance variable
tells you the aspect ratio of the map.  For instance, in the wx
embedding example you sent me, the map.aspect = 0.5.  Therefore, you
would need to create a figure canvas that is twice as wide as it is
high, like this

self.figure = Figure(figsize=(10,5))

then add an axes instances that fills the figure completely

self.ax = self.figure.add_axes([0,0,1,1])

Note that you will not have any room for labels if you do this.

HTH,

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449