Mauro Cavalcanti wrote:
> Dear Chris,
>
> Thank your very much for your prompt reply.
>
> 2008/11/20 Christopher Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

>> well, I love sizers -- but they do take a while to wrap your brain around.
>>

> I love Python *and* wxPython/wxWidgets -- but having worked several
> years with RAD tools like Visual Basic and (much better) Borland
> Delphi, I find all available GUI builders for Python very limited (and
> sizers are among these perceived limitations).

I agree (coming from Delphi), they either don't work or are too limited.
For wxPython I developed a very simple method, which even has the F12
function ;-)
  http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_gui_support.htm
code can be downloaded here
  http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/downloads/list

btw I would love to see your Basemap,
(but as I'm in the iddle of releasing a large project based on an old
version of MatPlatLib,
so I don't dare to update),
are there any screenshots ?

thanks,