Hi Matplotlib users,

I have a web application in which I would like to scale the plots down
if the users horizontal screen size is less than 800. Currently only
the plot is scaled while the fonts are fixed in size (see link below
for application). This is of course not a viable solution. I was
therefore wondering what the best way to scale fonts consistently with
figure size is. A requirement is that the scaling is thread safe (or
whatever it is called) in the sense that it should not affect other
threads executing matplotlib (since they may have different screen
resolutions).

As far as I can see the relative font size is not an option since they
seem to be adjusted globally by:

matplotlib.font_manager.set_default_size(size)

If that is true I guess I better calculate the font size each time I
write text to the plot and give it explicitly as an input parameter.
What is your opinion on that?

Best regards,
Jesper