On 1/12/2009 3:56 AM Jae-Joon Lee apparently wrote:
> I think the way you're doing is the easiest way.
> Anyhow, can you provide an example of a "neat path"? In my view, fixed
> axes size means fixed figure size (in most cases), and I'm not quite
> sure how this can be improved.

For my current use it would be enough if savefig had an option
         bbox = 'tight'
so that only the area actually drawn in was written
to file.

The problem is that if you set the fig size and then
set the axis size proportionately, you must fiddle
with things to get a tight fit to what's actually drawn
(including the tick labels and axis labels).

Cheers,
Alan Isaac