G. Allegri wrote:
> Hello list,
> I'm completely new to matplotlib and I'm not a computer scientist (not
> a good starting point!) but I need to solve a geometric/graphical
> problem.
> I've been asked to find a method, in Python, to find the distance
> between a 2D polynomial curve, derived from least squares
> interpolation on a set of points, and a curve locallly interpolating
> another set of points.

Do you really need the distance to be relative to the interpolated
curve? Why not to the points which are being interpolated? Then the
answer is just:

Sum_i dist(point_i,polynomial_curve)

Where dist() can be arrived at in closed form...

Otherwise, I guess it would depend on the interpolation, which you
didn't really specify.