Can you send us the output of this Python session to help us debug?  I'm
curious what symbols *are* in there.

 >>> import matplotlib._path
 >>> dir(matplotlib._path)
['__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', 'affine_transform',
'clip_path_to_rect', 'convert_path_to_polygons',
'count_bboxes_overlapping_bbox', 'get_path_collection_extents',
'get_path_extents', 'path_in_path', 'path_intersects_path',
'point_in_path', 'point_in_path_collection', 'point_on_path',
'update_path_extents']

Cheers,
Mike

Lorenzo Di Gregorio wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Andrew Straw <straw...@astraw.com
> <mailto:straw...@astraw.com>> wrote:
>
>     Lorenzo Di Gregorio wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I've tried to build matplotlib 0.98.5.2 for Python 2.6 under Windows
>     > (Win2k) using MinGW and win32_static.  After a few fixes, the
>     > compilation and install appear to be ok, but I've got stuck at
>     > importing matplotlib._path (see transcript below).
>     > Any suggestions on what is going wrong and how to fix it?
>     >
>     >   File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\artist.py", line 5,
>     > in <module>
>     >
>     >     from transforms import Bbox, IdentityTransform, TransformedBbox,
>     > Transformed
>     > Path
>     >   File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\transforms.py",
>     line
>     > 34, in <mo
>     > dule>
>     >     from matplotlib._path import affine_transform
>     > ImportError: DLL load failed: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht
>     > gefunden.
>     >
>     Did _path.cpp get compiled to a .pyd OK? (Do you have
>     C:\PYTHON26\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_path.pyd installed? -- I
>     guess
>     that's where it would be... Not running Python on Windows, though, I
>     could be off a bit.)
>

> Yes, that's compiled and installed at the location you mentioned.
> In fact I have no idea what is wrong with that.
> How does a .pyd reference a DLL and what is it supposed to load?
>

>     And, as a hint to anyone else attempting to debug this: the above
>     traceback means "The given procedure was not found". (And Lorenzo Di
>     Gregorio doesn't sound like a very German name to me, so why your
>     computer is speaking German I don't know... :)
>

> Right, I don't know either why I haven't switched it already ;-) But
> mitigating circumstances for lazyness are that German is my second
> language, my wife is German, I live and work in Germany etc.
>
>     I do find something nice about running Python 2.6 under Win2k,
>     though...
>

> ... under Linux it was too easy ;-P (my company runs Win2k!)

Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute