Hi, I'm using ipython 0.9.1 with the svn version of matplotlib on 64 bit
python on mac os x 10.5.7.

I have only been able to get python-64 running with the MacOSX backend; all
of the others (wxpython, gtk, qt, tk) have failed for one reason or another.

I've tried ipython without any flags and importing pylab on the command
line:
from pylab import *
and ipython -pylab,
and then plotting from a script.  I retain access to the command line unless
I type "show()" at the command line, at which point I can't return to the
command line unless I close all of my graphics windows.

I don't have this problem when running 32 bit python with qt or tk as the
backends.

Is this an error?  Should there be a command-line flag for ipython to start
threading for MacOSX specifically?

Thanks,
Adam