the example works very well, but what I have is 10 numbers that I want
to put in between 11 ticks. Actually what I havve is a checkerboard
(using pcolor) and I want to label the X and Y of each pixel....
and now I am confused with the API to do that... The example uses
objects that can provide Locator and Formatter instances, but I just
have a sequence of numbers....

Johann