You might be running into one of the path simplification bugs in the
0.98.x series.  Have you tried with the rcParam path.simplify turned
off?  If you can sent me a self contained script and data off-list, I
can test this against the SVN version to see if this has already been
addressed.

Cheers,
Mike

Jeffrey Fogel wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with my contour plots and I'm hoping
> someone here will be able to help.  I had a dataset that was plotting
> fine until I decided I wanted to create plots with the data mirrored
> over the x-axis.  This seems to work fine most of the time, but every
> now and then I get a plot that seems to just ignore a couple of data
> points when creating the contours.  I've attached a plot of what I
> mean.  Looking at the arrays the contour plot is created from doesn't
> show any obvious problems (there are values there that should be
> plotted).  It's very strange, any ideas?
>
> matplotlib 0.98.5.2
> numpy 1.2.1
> python 2.5.1
>
> -Jeffrey

> This is your chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes! For a limited time,
> vendors submitting new applications to BlackBerry App World(TM) will have
> the opportunity to enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge. See full prize
> details at: http://p.sf.net/sfu/Challenge

Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division