matplotlib currently has no i18n support.  It would be a nice feature to
have, it would just take someone with the motivation to do it to provide
a patch. Python has gettext support in the standard library, so it
should be reasonably straightforward: just the usual busywork of finding
translatable strings and marking them.  I think it's fair to say that
internationalizing the GUI messages would be reasonably easy,
internationalizing docstrings would be significant work, and
internationalizing the API very close to impossible.  I assume you're
only talking about the first here.

Cheers,
Mike

Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Hi, list
>    I want to transtate NavagationToolbar tooltips in Russian and Ukrainian.
> Now I can do this
> only with creating custom toolbar (via subclassing) in code. Is there another
> way to do this?
> Maybe, there is any plans to add i18n support to some parts of matplotlib?
>
> Thanks,
>   Alexander Bruy

> Поторопись зарегистрировать самый короткий почтовый адрес @i.ua
> http://mail.i.ua/reg - и получи 1Gb для хранения писем