Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> I am trying to put together a wxPython frame using py.aui to show
> multiple matplotlib.figures/canvas.

I'd recommend you take a look at wxMPL -- it's a nice way to embed MPL
in wx.

> Would like that each figure takes x percentage of available screen
> estate.  I.e. would like e.g. to have 2 rows with 3 columns of
> figures/statistics, i.e. 6 graphics.

To be clear with the vocabulary -- in MPL, a "figure" would be one
wxWindow. In that you can put multiple "axes" which show the actual
plots (sometimes referred to as subplots). In this case, I'm not sure if
you want more than one MPL figure.

> If the total screen estate is too small then there should be scrollbars
> per figure/canvas.

If you want multiple figures, than this isn't really an MPL question.
You'd do that layout the same way you would with any other set of
wxWindows -- probably putting them all on a wxScrolledWindow, in Sizers,
and giving them a minimum size.

With a single MPL Figure, it would be similar, put it on
wxScrolledWindows, with a minimum size set.

> Hopefully some samples code (in the example files which existed in
> 0.90.x)
Is this what you are looking for?

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/index.html

in particular, you might want to look at the wx examples here:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/user_interfaces/index.html

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax