I have run into a bit of problem using 0.99 and py2exe.

I am getting errors "TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=:
'NoneType' and 'str'" in mlab.pyo after py2exe'd my application.

This is caused by this type of code, as one normally uses the optimize
option with py2exe which means that the docs are stripped from the .pyo
files.
"psd.__doc__ = psd.__doc__ % kwdocd"

I changed it to:
if psd.__doc__ is not None:
    psd.__doc__ = psd.__doc__ % kwdocd
else:
    psd.__doc__ = ""

Above is a bit of a hack, if someone can suggest how to correct this in
a way which would get accepted as a patch I would search all modules
correct them.

Werner