On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2009, at 12:55 PM, Pierre GM wrote:
>
>> All,
>> I'm trying to use the Cocoa backend on Snow Leopard, using r7791
>> (GCC 4.2.1 / Python 2.6.1 from Apple, 64b)
>> Unfortunately, a simple `plot(range(10),range(10))` gives me an
>> empty window and error message as such:
>>
>> Python[53010:d07] Inconsistent set of values to create
>> NSBitmapImageRep
>> /Users/pierregm/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/
>> backends/backend_cocoaagg.py:140: UninitializedDeallocWarning:
>> leaking an uninitialized object of type NSBitmapImageRep
>>  32) # bits per pixel
>>
>> Can anybody reproduce it ? Would anybody have some ideas on how to
>> fix that ?
>> Thx a lot in advance.
>> P.
>> FYI, the build log can be accessed at: http://pastebin.com/d5b3c1838
>
> I'm very, very sorry to bump my own thread, but I'm in a bit of a
> pickle. Matplotlib installs and runs nicely on my Snow Leopard
> installation, but I'm "blind": cocoa fails, wxpython is 32b only and
> compiling Qt4 is becoming increasingly frustrating on a 64b machine.
> Any help or hint would be really, really appreciated.
> (and once again, sorry for my being rude)
> P.

I'm not sure if you have the option to go 32-bit, but the cocoa
backend works fine on snow leopard with a 32-bit build (-arch i386),
that I built on leopard prior to upgrading. The 64 bit transition
should be interesting, especially given the persistence of heritage
universal (PPC) build processes.

-Eric