I know support for the usetex feature is limited, but I think (*hope*) that
this is purely an MPL question and not out of the scope and annoying to the
members of the group.

I like to use the fourier.sty package since I like the Utopia font and it's
math font is particularly nice. But MPL is using this Latex installation:
/sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/
which has no fourier package, and raises predictable errors when I set
text.latex.preamble :  \usepackage{fourier}

But I only use and maintain this one:
/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/
(fourier and many other packages I like)

Is there a way to tell MPL to use my preferred Latex directory, or should I
update and maintain the one it currently searches?

Mac OS 10.5
MPL 0.99.1

Many thanks,

Paul M. Hobson