I just installed the latest EPD 6.0.2 Python 2.6-based distribution in
WinXP. The mpl version is 0.99.1.1 and I installed basemap using the
basemap-0.99.4.win32-py2.6.exe binary installer. I'm getting this
traceback. Any ideas?
Gary

--

In [1]: from mpl_toolkits.basemap import Basemap
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)

C:\PYTHON26\<ipython console> in <module>()

C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\mpl_toolkits\basemap\__init__.py in <module>()
      36 from matplotlib.lines import Line2D
      37 from matplotlib.transforms import Bbox
---> 38 import pyproj, sys, os, math, dbflib
      39 from proj import Proj
      40 import numpy as np

C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\mpl_toolkits\basemap\pyproj.py in <module>()
      46 CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE. """
      47
---> 48 from _proj import Proj as _Proj
      49 from _geod import Geod as _Geod
      50 from _proj import _transform

C:\PYTHON26\c_numpy.pxd in _proj (src/_proj.c:3234)()

ValueError: numpy.dtype does not appear to be the correct type object