We have a very large data set that we are trying to plot in matplotlib.  We
found that when you have multiple data points per pixel the backend does not
always pick the point with the largest value to draw.  If you resize the plot
window it changes what is being shown on the figure.   Narrow features of the
curve vary in amplitude on resize of the plot window.  Is there a built in
solution to fix this?

Ivan E. Tornes Ph.D.
Battelle
505 King Avenue