This looks correct. I went and look at the animation examples and they do
something similar.

Thx

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen George <steve_...@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] hoe to update a plot
To: Matplotlib Users <matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

C M wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Mathew Yeates <mat.yea...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi
>> I am using gtk and displaying a plot in a FigureCanvas. In response to an
>> event, I want to update the plot with new data.
>>
>> e.g.
>> self.fig = Figure(figsize=(5,5), dpi=100)
>> self.ax = fig.add_subplot(111)
>> ax.plot(data[0,0:,0],
>>

>> canvas = FigureCanvas(fig)
>> canvas.set_size_request(500,500)
>>
>> def on_some_signal(self,widget):
>>     ?????

I also may be wrong.

I thought ax.plot(..) would redraw everything (ticks, labels, etc)  to
do with the plot.

I've been using set_data as I thought it was meant to be quicker.
               self.cline[0].set_data(rX, myabs) # I have to make sure
I use correct line
               self.canvas.draw()

To just change the data associated with a specific line on plot.

I stored the lines on my graph in a list called cline,  I captured the
line at time of creating of the plot
               r = self.axis.plot( rX, myabs ,self.linestyle, color='b')
               self.cline.append( r[0] )

- Steve