No - not the 'widths' kwarg. I want something that *looks* like the boxplot,
but for which I will have control of setting the ranges delimited by the box
and delimited by the whiskers (in the vertical dimension, not the horizontal
dimension). I resorted to hacking something from the existing code (see
attached diff). This simply allows you to over-ride the computation of
box_y, med_y and the wisk_lo and wisk_hi, which are otherwise derived from
the data. In other words, it allows you to ignore the data :-)

Cheers - Ariel