http://neuroimaging.scipy.org/site/doc/manual/html/faq/johns_bsd_pitch.html:
> Many people choose the GPL when releasing a package because it is the most
> famous open source license, and did not consider issues such as those raised
> here when choosing a license.

Alan, Thank you for your comment.  I think I will release diagram_cl
as my first MIT project :-) Hope that it finds some users then.  Also,
I consider switching to MIT license completely.  In fact, I like it
much more, it's shorter, more concise, and you can use my software ...

I'm not shure whether someone can release software under GPL
incorporating MIT licensed software?  Otherwise I would release under
dual license.

Friedrich