Hey, no offense to the numpy developers! They are doing a great job and
the Python 3 support in the numpy 2.0 release is well worth the wait.
What I meant was that ATM there is no officially released numpy version
that one can use to build an official win-amd64 matplotlib binary (same
for any other scientific python package). Matplotlib works good on 64
bit when compiled against numpy 1.4.0svn.

Christoph