I think it should be possible to do unsorted scatter plot, so you can
avoid the second loop.  Maybe the current source doesn't allow for,
but it's certainly possible (hu, I'm not that aquainted with current
z-sorting code, so maybe I'm wrong?) It may be that current z-sorting
uses the mesh grid.

One point caught my attention:  Maybe use sets, or check in loop 1 if
you do not duplicate x or y data?

Do you mask the mesh points not used?

Friedrich

P.S.: And make shure to select "Answer to all" :-)