Gökhan,

I like to use png files at 300dpi. I’m stuck using MS Word 2007 at work, and
that’s what works best in my experience. If MS ever starts to support svg files…

-paul h.

From: Gökhan Sever [mailto:gokhanse...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:53 AM
To: Matplotlib Users
Subject: [Matplotlib-users] Publication quality plots in papers

Hello,

This is a question mostly for non-Latex users.

What is your preferred saving format from matplotlib that you use in OpenOffice
or a similar open office tool? A format that looks good on both screen and
printed output. In my experiences so far I have found getting the best quality
outputs from PDF files (using the highest quality settings in matplotlibrc). It
wins over eps, ps, and png outputs both on screen and printed texts.