Many apologises for the slow response ...

I'm quite convinced the path is not an issue.

2010/6/19 Hana Sevcikova <h...@cs.washington.edu>:
> I see there are some compatibility issues. What would be the best way to
> deal with it?

This should be the issue.  I think usually the matplotlib binaries are
linked against the same libraries as the Python binaries to avoid such
trouble, but for the 10.6 issue this went wrong somehow?  I don't
know.

A possibility would be to compile Python and matplotlib yourself.
This can, for matplotlib, be somewhat troublesome.  There is a
recommended way via the make.osx script, and "my" way via tweaking of
the config files.  The recommended way downloads freetype2 etc. into a
local directory and does afaik hard linking, "my" way links it the
usual dynamic way against system-wide installed libraries.  The
make.osx way is way from perfect, but it should work, albeit I
personally like the other way much more, since it appears much more
clean to me.  Tell me what you prefer.  If you prefer "my" way, I will
give you detailed instructions, with the make.osx way I'm neither
comfortable nor acquainted, maybe John can help you then.  There's
also a recent thread about building matplotlib on Mac (10.6 if I'm not
mistaken) with make.osx.

Friedrich