Hello,

I would like to draw a couple of contour plots. The plots are on
separate figures, but they should all have exactly the same color
mapping (i.e, the same Z value should correspond to the same color in
all plots).

What's the best way to achieve this?

From the documentation I gather that I should use the norm and extend
keyword arguments, but I wasn't really able to figure out what values
I have to pass and how the matplotlib.colors.Normalize instance works.

Thanks,

   -Nikolaus