On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM, John Hunter <jdh2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 7:10 AM, c.jeang
> <christian.jeanguilla...@univ-angers.fr> wrote:
> > Hie john,
> > and thank you for your prompt answer.
> > my version is currently
> > the
> > 0.99.1.1
> > I am going to install the
> > 1.0.0
> > Thank again
> > Best regards
>
> If you are on 0.99.1, then this is not the source of your problems
> since that version shipped with mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.  Can you
> describe the environment in which you are running, ie, exactly what
> you are doing to load mpl, what python interpreter, what OS, where you
> got matplotlib from?  For more info on how to provide us the
> information we need, see
>

> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/troubleshooting_faq.html#report-a-problem
>
> PS: please keep all responses on list by replying to matplotlib-users

John,

The problem wasn't the mplot3d was missing (because it wasn't missing).  The
problem was that he was running the v1.0 examples with has the new syntax
for 3d plots that was not available in previous versions.  The change was
due to a commit I made just prior to the v1.0 release (which allowed for
subplotting of figures).

Maybe I should add a note to the documentation for the correct syntax for
mpl version prior to v1.0?

Ben Root