2010/8/11 tgabriel <travisgabri...@gmail.com>:
> I would like to have the colorbar displaying the same color scaling
> regardless of the data input.

This /should/ be feasible with .contourf(.., vmin=VMIN, vmax=VMAX),
but from the doc this isn't clear at least.  If it doesn't work, we
have to work out how to use the norm=... argument properly to hand
over a Norm instance.  Please give vmin/max a try, we can look that up
if it fails.

> Problem 2: If I have a colorbar scale which goes from -10 to 5, and I use
> one of the standard colormaps which has white in the center of it. How do I
> keep the zero point at the white color instead of the colorbar automatically
> picking the midpoint for zero?

So you want to set the color-MAP's range with the solution to problem
1, and display in the color-BAR only a subset of the value range used
by the Norm?  This has been solved already in a former task, if it
suits you I can send the sources for that.

Friedrich