2010/8/13 Andrea Tomadin <gurnem...@me.com>:
> Dear John,
>
> thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, I have just tried that and I
> am positive that it does not work.
>
> It works only if the option "frameon" of the figure is True, which is not
> what I want in this case (I have to produce a pdf with transparent
> background).

Indeed the code of draw() and resize() do something different.

While draw() only blits to the tk image, resize() creates a new Tk
image.  I believe the bug is real and somewhere buried in tkagg.

For now, you have three options:  Wait until it's fixed in svn, or
monkey-patch using the code of resize().  You can also pass in a dummy
event to .resize() with two attributes, .width and .height, being the
['width'] and ['height'] of the drawing Tk Canvas object, i.e. of your
.canvas._tkcanvas.

Furthermore, does anyone know what the self.resize_event() call in
.resize() is doing?  I'm on 8626.  Looks like a missed
rename-and-back-up error to me.  I don't want to checkout until I'm
familiar with svn to not loose my changes.

Friedrich.