On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Daπid <davidmen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Image Magick and Inkscape seem to work for this. Probably the first
> one is easier to automatize in batch processing.

Quick warning about ImageMagick and EPS files (and any other vector-based
graphics format)...

ImageMagick is a raster-based system.  When it loads a vector-based graphic,
it implicitly rasterizes it, performs the requested operations, and then
outputs the file format.  So, even if you output the result as a EPS file,
you would have lost all vector-based info (like text and lines).  The result
looks horrible.

I have been contemplating adding some sort of functionality like this for
the various formats.  I recently ran into issues like this for an IEEE
publication and had to resort to obtaining a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro to
fix up my images.  It would be nice if I could pass an option to .savefig()
like 'use_cmyk=True' or something and be done with it.

Ben Root