Carlos Grohmann wrote:
> One thing that is still bothering me is the mpl_data directory that
> holds about 3.5 Mb of fonts.

yup - that's a lot.

> Is it OK to remove the fonts I don't use? (I use only sans-serif) By
> Ok I mean not only from the practical poin tof view (that is, will the
> app run?)

yes, it will, as long as no extra fonts get introduced at run time that
you didn't test for.

> but also from the _legal_ point of view (am I obliged to
> distribute all those fonts?)

I can't see why. Strip away. That's what I've done.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov