2010-11-03 19:26, Marcin Krol skrev:
> matplotlib:
>       field.setCheckState(Qt.Checked if value else Qt.Unchecked)
>                                       ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The code above is a conditional expression, and those are mentioned [0]
on the "what's new in python 2.5"-page, so I would guess that line is
invalid in python 2.4, that you use.

I would replace it by

if value:
   field.setCheckState(Qt.Checked)
else:
    field.setCheckedState(Qt.Unchecked)

and see if that particular error goes away.

There could of course be many similar issues, but I see that the system
requirements lists python 2.4 or newer as required [1], so perhaps those
constructs are often avoided.

In any case, if my guesses are correct, I would consider using the
conditional expression in matplotlib as a bug, given that python 2.4 is
mentioned in the requirements.

Regards

Johan

[0]: http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.5.html