On 01/13/2011 01:40 PM, Daniel Mader wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to plot a set of simulation results of FEM simulations.
> With a lot of help from Ben I can plot the deformed shape quite nicely
> but I have trouble in applying a colorbar to the plot.
>
> In the attached file there are three results with different results.
>
> How can I apply a "global" colorbar so that all collections are nicely
> represented?

Quick thoughts with no testing or concrete examples:

1) Don't set the cmap or norm for the colorbar; let it inherit those
properties from the mappable to which it is connected.

2) Ensure that the cmap and norm are the same for all collections.  You
are already taking care of the cmap, so the problem is that you are
autoscaling the collections separately, which is setting vmin and vmax
to different values for the different collections.  Use the data to
figure out the range (vmin, vmax) that you want the colors to span, and
then for each collection, instead of col.autoscale(), use

        col.norm.vmin = vmin
        col.norm.vmax = vmax

(You could also make a single norm instance for all the collections to
use, just as with the cmap, so that you only have to set vmin and vmax
once.)

Eric