This is indeed correct.  Somehow I missed this.  Setting label_mode = 'all'
gets the behavior I wanted.

Though, the top and right side are technically on the outside too.  Perhaps
that should be an available or the default setting?  Perhaps the top row
should default to labeling on the top, the right column default to labeling
on the right, etc?

-r

--
Russell J. Hewett