Hi there,
I too want a log scale on the colorbar for an imshow plot. I have tried the
solution proposed by Jae-Joon but I cannot get the ticklabels to show. I
have tried to dynamically change the matplotlibrc settings in ipython using
mpl.rc('text',usetex=True) - where mpl = matplotlib. When I run the script I
get a whole series of errors (see in italics below) and the figure doesn't
show.
*
RuntimeError: Could not obtain dvipng version
Exception in Tkinter callback
*
Is there another way to get a colorbar with a log scale?

On the same topic of the colorbar, how can I readjust the colors such that
it only goes between user-specified values? For example, I have one imshow
plot where the values range between 0 and 350. However, I only want to look
at the values between 300 and 350.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
Shrividya