2011/1/28 Mike Alger <mal...@ryerson.ca>

> Philip,
>

> A few questions before I give one possible solution,
>

> Does this plot need to be updated in real time ? or is this plot to be done
> in post processing?
>

> if you can do the plots with post processing you should be able to use
> pcolor function to do your tasks
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/pcolor_demo.html
>

> i won’t go into details but just assign:
>

> X as 1d vector with your m/z values
>
> Y as 1d vector  your time values
>
> And Z as a 2d array that will map counts/sec to both a “m/z” and “time”
>

> You will have to find the location for your other marks and then plot them
> on top of pcolor graph but that shouldn’t be too hard  just express your
> values (i am assuming 3dB cutoff points and peak power of some sort) in
> terms of X Y. I am almost certain there is probably a nice DSP way to solve
> for those X Y values once the data is in a 2d array but i am no expert on
> that mater.
>

> Good luck and hopefully this helps,
>

> Mike

hi mike,

thanks for the answer. it looks interesting, but will it work if the m/z
values are all different from each other? i mean: the m/z-ranges are
overlapping, but there are no duplicate values. this way, every column of
the array would only contain one value if i understood you correctly.

thanks,
philipp