On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Jack Sankey <jack.san...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Is there any backend-independent way to get and set the figure window
> coordinates and sizes (i.e. in pixels)? Currently when I make new plots they
> appear in random locations as determined by my operating system; during
> analysis when I'm making and destroying a lot of plot windows I want to be
> able to have them automatically appear in "good" locations (such as the
> upper left corner of my screen).
>
> Also, I am trying to find ways to get/set the z-order.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jack

There was someone who found that it was possible to add some additional
information to the creation of a figure window.  This information (at least
on Linux systems), could be taken advantage of by customized configurations
of the desktop manager.  I would be curious to see what has come of that
effort.

Ben Root