Andrea Crotti <andrea.crott...@gmail.com> writes:

> values = { (0,10) : 0.5,
>           (10, 20) : 0.3 }
> and so on, where the key is a time slot interval and the value is the
> value I want to plot.
>
> What should be the correct way to get what I want?

Something like this perhaps:

    left, width = zip(*[(a, b-a) for (a,b) in values.keys()])
    bar(left, values.values(), width)

That is, turn the sequence of intervals into a sequence of coordinates
where the bars should start (left) and another sequence of bar widths.
Then use bar to plot the values.

> In theory the data that I want to plot is [0.5, 0.3]
> but if I do
>
> plt.hist(values.values())

The hist function not only plots the histogram bars but computes them
from the data. Use bar when you already have the coordinates you want to
plot.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks