Hi All,

A question for a possible new feature for Matplotlib.

First, in case there is a way to do it currently:

I often find myself plotting data with errorbars, and I would like to be able
to modify the marker, or marker size of each individual point separately.  A
(seemingly to me) natural way to do this would allow

marker
markersize
markerfacecolor
markeredgecolor

etc accept arrays, as well as a single kwarg.  As far as I can tell, if I have
a set of data, and I want to make the markers with different sizes, the only
way to do this is have a loop that calls each data point individually and
assigns the marker features.

1 - am I mistaken?  and if so, could someone instruct me how to achieve my goal

2 - does anyone else find this feature desirable?  If so, could this be added
to Matplotlib?  I have not the coding experience to attempt this myself - but I
imagine the simplest thing to do would be check if the marker, ms, etc are
given single kwargs, or arrays.  If single, everything happens as now.  If
array, then check the len of the array against the len of the data, and if the
same, match the entries.

Thanks,

Andre