On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Youngung Jeong
<youngung.je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> but since contour function does not plot on the polar coordinate system

I think this is not True, but I may misunderstood you. Can you post an
example that does not work? Here is a simple example that shows it
does work. But I hardly use polar coordinate, and my example could be
too simple.

ax = subplot(111, polar=True)

aa = np.indices((10,10))
x = np.linspace(0., np.pi*2, 10)
y = np.linspace(0., 10, 10)

ax.pcolormesh(x, y, aa[0], cmap="gray")
ax.contour(x, y, aa[0])

Both pcolormesh and contour gives a consistent result.

However, I think, while the resulting contour lines are drawn in polar
coordinate system, the actual contouring is done in rectlinear
cooridinate system. So there may be some caveats.

Regards,

-JJ