Hi,

Another question is, what sets the tick-location on a log scaled axis? (that
10^-5, 10^-3, 10^-1, 10^1) It seems as if the range is greater than certain
value ticks are located this way. Also in a similar way, the location of
minor ticks are decided. (If the range is big, no minor ticks, if the range
is not too big, put 4 minor ticks --which is very inconvenient to eye, if
range is small then nicely locate 9 minor ticks.)

Hah, the next probably will be manually forcing the _ticks or ticklocator
functions.

Anyone else experiencing similar behavior in mpl?

--
Gökhan