I noticed this a few years back, but left it aside because most of the
time I can live with it.  Recently I need to make a few plots
containing a few million points, and 4 pixels for a point is a
disaster.  So my question is why the pixel marker size is set at 4
pixels?  And is there anyway to change it to a single pixel?

Thanks,
Chris