On 2/29/2012 10:46 AM, Benjamin Root wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:32 AM, <josef.p...@gmail.com
> <mailto:josef.p...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sorry for reporting this here, it's the only way for matplotlib I'm
>     signed up for.
>
>     I'm testing scikits statsmodels on Python 3.2
>
>     plt.close(fig) in the graphics tests raises an error, python 3.2,
>     matplotlib 1.2.x from Gohlke for Win 64, nose 1.0.0
>
>       File
>     "C:\Programs\Python32\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_pylab_helpers.py",
>     line 75, in destroy_fig
>         for manager in Gcf.figs.values():
>     RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration
>
>     https://github.com/statsmodels/statsmodels/issues/152
>
> https://github.com/statsmodels/statsmodels/blob/master/scikits/statsmodels/graphics/tests/test_boxplots.py#L15
>
>     replacing plt.close(fig) with plt.close('all') removes the test errors
>     in python 3.2
>
>     Since I'm not familiar with the matplotlib details, I don't know what
>     this means.
>
>     Josef
>

> Could you double-check exactly which version you have?  In the master
> branch, we made a change on Nov 14th to not delete dictionary items
> while iterating.  I suspect Gohlke's build was from before then.
>
> Ben Root

That build is from November 9, 2011, git ref 75c9beccc7
<https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/tree/75c9beccc73ef7c8b686aec58610a3da225816ee>

plus some additional minor changes (indentation and urllib) I was
working on at that time.

It should be easy to just patch the installed version in order to fix
this specific issue without recompiling matplotlib
<https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/commit/f3c8caed654c311f20952ad1cf3a96e1b0293664>

Christoph