Hello everybody,

I am trying to write a rule for AwesomeWM, so that all matplotlib
related windows would be floating and not tiled. For this purpose I want
to filter matplotlib windows by some window attribute, like class,
instance or title. Is there a way to modify the window class or instance
easily?

I already know how to modify the title of the window, but this is not
sufficient as any dialogs, which would be created from the toolbar on
the plot window will not have the same title and the filtering can not
be applied to them.

If I have not explained this clearly enough, please let me know, what
I need to clarify.

All best,
Ignas A.