Thanks again, Eric.

I had been trying, and finally got a good result.
My answer is installing PyQt4 for newer Python (v2.7.2) from sources.

Here is the successful steps:

1. Install SIP from source (sip-4.13.2.tar.gz) at default directory

2. Install QtSDK from .run file (Qt_SDK_Lin64_online_v1_2_en.run)
   at /usr/local/QtSDK
   * To install Qt from source, we have to get additional libraries.
     It was very bothersome, so I used official .run file.

3. Install PyQt4 from source (PyQt-x11-gpl-4.9.1.tar.gz)
   When I did ./configure, I set these options:
      python ./configure.py -g -q
/usr/local/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.8.0/gcc/bin/qmake
   If not setting -q option, pre-installed Qt may be selected,
   and we may get DBusPendingCall errors.

After above, I set backend and plotted line as below:

> import matplotlib
> matplotlib.use("Qt4Agg")
> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> plt.plot([1,2,4,3])