On 4/18/2012 7:00 AM, Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> On 18/02/2010 22:41, Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
>> Using numpy with "/arch nosse" solved the issue.
>>
>> Probably OT here, but does anyone know if numpy will in the future be
>> able to dynamically switch on/off the SSEx support?
> I am running again into crashes with matplotlib/numpy on Windows XP
> running on AMD Athlon type machiens.
>
> I distribute the application with py2exe, so on my machine I install
> numpy with "/arch nosse".
>
> This works on a test machine with my older program version which uses
> Python 2.5, matplotlib 0.99 and numpy 1.0.4, now with my newer stuff I
> use Python 2.6, still matplotlib 0.99 and numpy 1.3 (as there is no
> 1.0.4 for Py 2.6), with this configuration my program crashes on the
> Athlon CPU.
>
> Tried upgrading to 1.4.1 and 1.5.1 of numpy (still using /arch nosse)
> but still see the same crash with an error code of "0xc000001d".
>
> Short term a 1.0.4 for Python 2.6 would be an o.k. work around, but I
> really like to get a something better.  Would an upgrade of matplotlib help?
>
> Werner

matplotlib-0.99.3.win32-py2.6 should work with
numpy-1.4.1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe

There was a bug prior to 0.99.2 (IIRC) that would crash on older Pentium
computers.

If matplotlib-0.99.3 does crash with numpy-1.4.1, please send a small
script and let us know exactly where and in which module it crashes, and
the capabilities/model of your processor.

If possible, upgrade to numpy 1.6.1 and matplotlib 1.1.

Christoph