On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Chao YUE <chaoyue...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have two different monitors. How can I use plot command within terminal
> in this monitor and set the figure to show defaultly in another one?
>
> thanks,
>
> Chao

Hello,

I have a similar question posted on SO ->
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7802366/matplotlib-window-layout-questions

With few extra commands you can get your figures appearing on your second
monitor. However, SetPosition behavior is somewhat unpredictable. When I
pass a large x value it tendsmove the figure to my second monitor. What
would be nice is to mpl to remember the last window position and size --say
for instance for particular plots I always want to view figures in
maximized window and placed on the second monitor.

--
Gökhan